Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fit Bit (discipline)


Fit Bit (discipline)
Dear Kimberly,
     I was doing so good at not drinking and getting back on track with my life, then, once again I’ve fallen back into my old patterns.  I feel like such a loser.  I really don’t’ want you to know who I am because I don’t want you to be disappointed in me.  How do I get back to discipline?

Sincerely,

Lacking discipline

Dear Discipline,

     First, you are a beautiful child of God!!!  You are beautiful by what Jesus did for you on the cross.  Accept His grace and believe you are loved!  Jesus died for you not because you are worthy, He died for you because He loves you just the way you are!!!  OF COURSE YOU FALL SHORT.  That is the humane condition.  Get back up again.  Start with small disciplines.  If alcohol is your issue, start by calling a professional, don’t worry about not drinking, concentrate on getting help and then try to do everything your counselor tells you to do.  Take manageable steps toward your goals. ”ROME WASN’T BUILT IN A DAY.” You will succeed at walking a better walk as long as you walk with Jesus and keep trying.  Don’t give up!!!  Get help and take one day at a time.  Concentrate on what you can do, and do it with the strength of our Lord!  This continual reliance on Him and putting one step in front of the other will help you achieve discipline. 
Please feel free to contact me.  I have been in your shoes.  I’m not disappointed in you I’m thankful you reached out.

Philippians 4:13  “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

1 Corinthians 9:27  “But, I keep under my body and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment