Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Fit Bit (nervous aout the Holidays)


Fit Bit (Nervous about the Holidays)
Dear Kimberly,

     I’m nervous about the Holidays.  I don’t have the money to put on a big spread or buy presents.  Every year, I over spend.  This year, I just can’t.  I wish this whole season could just go away.  How do I handle this?

Sincerely,
Nervous about the Holidays

Dear Nervous,

  “Casting all your cares upon Him; for He careth for you.”  1 Peter 5:7

This time of year can be wonderful!  Concentrate on the truth.  Let’s start with Thanksgiving.

Proverbs 15:17  “Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.”

In this world we learn that money, feasting and lavish gifts are what the Holidays are about.  Let’s look at the word Holidays. Holidays mean Holy days! This is not a politically correct term designed to, “not offend”.   It is a reminder for us to keep our Holidays Holy!

Start with Thanksgiving, regardless of what you have to eat, give thanks.  Give thanks first and foremost for Jesus Christ who died for you. Because of this, you are in good standing with God.  If you remember this most important love, everything else falls into place.  Take His love and spread it this Holiday season.  You can do that regardless of your financial or emotional status.  Don’t be nervous, be loving.  If you are tempted to get upset about what is wrong…stop. Refocus, think on what is right.  You are a beautiful child of God, regardless of the circumstances surrounding your life. 

John 13:34  “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another, as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

Holy for the Holidays starts Thanksgiving!!!  Please join me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment