Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fit Bit ( FEELING PATHETIC)


Fit Bit (feeling pathetic)
Dear Kimberly,
    I had started out thinking I would control my spending and eat healthier as a way to honor God this Lent season.  So far I am a complete failure.  I do not know why I reason away good behavior and do the same old same old.  I feel so pathetic and I am starting to loose hope.  What can I do to break my overspending and over eating?

Sincerely,

Feeling Pathetic

Dear Beautiful child of God,

  You are not pathetic, nor will you ever be.  You are a beautiful child of God regardless of your behavior here on earth.  Yes, good behavior helps us, but it is not what we do that determines our worth it is what He did for us on the cross.  Stop, beating yourself up.  Pick yourself up and keep trying.

    The word STOP is powerful.  When you are about to reason yourself into spending or eating things you know are not right say the word STOP!  Then say a prayer and ask God for His strength and wisdom.  He is with you 24/7.  His Holy Spirit is already guiding you.  You are convicted of your need to change.  Keep listening to His word.  The more you resist the bad behavior and do the desired behavior the easier it is to continue on in the right direction.  Don’t look back keep looking forward.  We all fail; our success is determined by our ability to keep trying.  You can do this, keep trying, and forgive yourself when you mess up.   Always remember you have been made beautiful through Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:10  “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.”

Roman 12:21  “ Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly



No comments:

Post a Comment