Friday, August 16, 2013

Fit Bit (confronted with the truth)


Fit Bit (confronted with the truth)

Many times we surround our selves with yes men.  We prefer to be with people that agree with us, rather then the people that will show us our errors.  Back when I was a drinker, I preferred to be around people who would tell me I was “not an alcoholic.”
This worked for me so, I could continue on in my destructive lifestyle feeling justified.  The truth inside of me was easier to hide as I surrounded myself with people who would help me hide it.  But the nagging “ you are a drunk” kept haunting me.  I could not hide the truth.  If someone would confront me about my obvious problem with alcohol, I would get angry.  I would wear my denial on the outside but on the inside I was eroding.  It was not until I faced the truth, that I had a serious problem and needed God’s help that I was able to stop the denial and start the recovery.  I had to stop being angry when confronted about the truth and start facing it.  I no longer get mad when someone brings up the issues I used to have with alcohol, but if they bring up the issues I have with spending…. I can feel the ugliness start to swell up in me.  It is hard to face an unpleasant truth about oursleves.  It is easier to get angry and pretend we do not have an issue.  To live truly well on the inside, we have to face the truths in our lives and deal with them, through the beautiful, loving hand of God.  

Do you have a nagging truth that you have to face today? 


1 Kings 22:18,27  “Didn’t I tell you? The king of Israel exclaimed…”He never prophesies anything but trouble for me…’ Put this man in prison, and feed him nothing but bread and water.”

Don’t get angry…. get inspired.


Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment