Thursday, August 22, 2013

FIt Bit (fear of different)


Fit Bit (Fear of different)
Yesterday, I felt a fear toward someone of less fortunate then I.  He was a very kind man.  Yet, I found myself in judgment verses love.  Truly, all that I have is a gift from God.  It was only a little over 20 years ago that I was living in complete chaos.  I was a not so functioning alcoholic, less then 10 years ago.  Why do I think I have the right to be judgmental of an other?  We all do this to some degree especially when we gossip.    Is it easier to sit in judgment and fear of others then it is to intentionally love and respect them for who they are?  When I first tried to quit drinking at age 19, with AA.  I saw a lot of people sitting around the tables that I thought I was better then.  20+ years later, I was as pathetic as I could be.  My counselor told me, look at the similarities and not the differentness.” Once I found value in “those” people, I was able to let them and their stories help me.   Yet, some days I forget and sit in judgment, not seeing the beautiful gifts God has given the person, I am sitting in fear of.

Each of us is going through something.  Are you treating all of God’s children with respect and love?   

Ephesians 4:12-16  “Why is it that He gives us these special abilities to do certain things best?  It is that God’s people sill be equipped to do better work for Him, building up the church, the body of Christ, to a position of strength and maturity.”…16 Under His direction the whole body is fitted together perfectly, and each part in tits own special way helps the other parts, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love. 

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment