Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fit BIt (made right)


Fit Bit (Made right)

  Sometimes, I find myself lazy, driven to sweets or fatty foods.  I can feel selfish, resentful and hopeless.  When I get into such a funk it feels like hell here on earth.  My only way out is to remember, no matter what is plaguing me; Jesus loves me and is working things out for my good.  The opposite of trusting God is self-pity.  We all get into funks.  How do you get out of yours?  How do you stay out of the funk in the first place?  Personally I get out and stay out, by reading the Bible most days, fellowshipping with like-minded Christian friends and trying my best to keep walking and spreading His love regardless of how I may feel.   When I intentionally adjust my thoughts to His promises, He gets rid of my pain, and renews His right Spirit within me, so my desires and actions follow.

Putting away my fleshly desires, and spreading His love; is like getting a slice of heaven here on earth.

1 Corinthians 15:58  “So my dear brothers, since future victory is sure, be strong and steady, always abounding in the Lord’s work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever wasted as it would be if there were no resurrection.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly







1 comment:

  1. 've never really learned how not to get into funks - sad times come sometimes. Early every morning I spend time reading God's Word and in prayer - committing my day and my loved ones to the Lord, so the downers are seldom thanks to that. When they do come I go to this:

    Psalm 42:11
    Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
    Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete