Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Fit Bit (fear)

Fit Bit (Fear)
7am and once again, I am tempted to live in the spirit of fear.

I am a single mom of three boys; my 22-year-old twins live with me.  They drink and I fear that they also drive.  Today, one of the twins is still not home from last night; most likely he went to a friend’s house, yet the spirit of fear tries to take me captive telling me, he is lying in a ditch dead. What if that is so?  I trust that God has him even then.  The truth is some mothers do lose their sons.  Yet, I believe God hears our prayers and is with those children too, regardless of how fearful we may be tempted feel. 

It is easy to live in fear, it is easy to see what is wrong, it is easy to feel hopeless; THIS IS NOT WHAT GOD WANTS FOR US!

Romans 8:6  “The mind of a sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.”

Romans 8:15  “For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship.  And by Him we cry. “Abba, Father”.  16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.”


When I am tempted to walk in fear, I trust GOD.  I know that even in the worst-case scenario.  He is there!!
When, I forget this basic truth, I tend to over eat, stress out and live a worrisome life.

Today, try to remember GOD’S GOT THIS!

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly












No comments:

Post a Comment