Thursday, July 17, 2014

Fit Bit (Rage)

Fit Bit (Rage)
     I love being on the water in the summer time.  My favorite thing is to solemn water ski, when the water is glass.  For me, the feeling of cutting the glass with my ski is like hitting a home run with the bases loaded.  My opportunity to do this activity is relatively rare.  Yesterday, I had the perfect opportunity.  The sun was setting and the water was perfect.  No boats on the lake and people to help.  My son thought it would be funny to take his jet ski out on the water and mess up my “glass”.  I became filled with rage.  I am usually someone who can hold her temper, but I lost it.  I cursed, and through a life jacket into the water, I was like a two year old having a temper tantrum.    I took a long walk to calm down.

    My rage, was possibly due to the glass being messed up, but I think it stemmed deeper then that.  As I reflected on my rage, I realized I was getting to my limit because I had been doing for everyone else and had not been able to do for me.
 I need to;
1.     Read my Bible daily. 
2.     Take quiet time for myself.
3.     Get daily exercise.
4.     Eat healthy.  
5.     Be a blessing to others
When I do these things I feel healthy and whole, so small matters such as water skiing, don’t blow me up.  Yesterday, I had my Bible time in, and was being a blessing to others, but I had eaten mostly junk food and had little exercise.

My rage was, “ I do for everyone else, and the least they could do is…”

WOW, what a crappy attitude!!  If I do for others to get something in return, that is not very Christian. 

1 Corinthians 6:19  “Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
     20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.”


Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

http://faithcenteredfitness.com/?110670






No comments:

Post a Comment