Thursday, July 31, 2014

Fit Bit (Stand for Something)

Fit Bit (Stand for Something)

     If you don’t stand for something everything can sway you.  Today, we live in a politically correct environment.   We are pressured to be lukewarm on issues that are passionate to our hearts.  Revelation 3:16 “Because you are lukewarm, neither hot or cold, I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”  When, I stand up for my faith, and declare it to be true, I feel strong.  Sometimes, I am too timid to do so, because of peer pressure. When, I dig deep with God and voice my Biblically based opinion, I feel the rooting and grounding of Christ strengthen me.   I have more validity when I can refer to a Bible verse that supports my stand.  Romans 14:16  “Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil.”

   It is important to not wavier on God’s stand while being loving and kind toward others without a judgmental attitude. 

     Romans 14:9-10  “For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that He might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.  10 You then, why do you judge your brother?  Or why do you look down on your brother?  For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.”

When I wavier on issues and pass judgment on others, I feel an emptiness creep in my soul, at that point I am tempted to fill the emptiness with unhealthy activities, forgetting that Jesus is the one way I can be filled to overflowing.

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly




No comments:

Post a Comment