Our day-to-day lives are strongly influenced by the people we associate with.
Recently, I worked with a man who identifies himself as an Atheist. I let him know that, I could not be “OK” without my faith. He said, his comfort was in a Heineken. I did not feel I could reason with unreasonable, we mutually decided to drop our conversation.
I remember those days when I had so much anxiety in my heart, that I self medicated with beer. I would associate with people who would tolerate my drinking. I associated with people whom I could commiserate with. I continued to live in my sickness and despair.
Once I decided to get “Clean” and stop drinking, I found it easier to be “Clean” if I associated with like-minded people. I found, Christian women friends were of the best influence on me. (I think men need men friends and women need women friends.) The friendship of other women trying their best to walk the walk helped me the most.
Today, and each day forward be encouraged to choose friends that build you up!
• 2 Timothy 3:1-5;
• 1You may as well know this too, Timothy, that in the last days it is going to be very difficult to be a Christian.
• 2For people will love only themselves and their money; they will be proud and boastful, sneering at God, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful to them, and thoroughly bad.
• 3Hard headed, never give in, constant liars, troublemakers, will think nothing of immorality, they will be rough and cruel and sneer at those trying to be good.
• 4They will betray their friends; they will be hot headed, puffed up with pride and prefer good times to worshiping God.
• 5They will go to church, yes, but they won’t really believe anything they hear. Don’t be taken in by people like that.
One way I can be built up is by listening to Christian radio.
In the Lacrosse area I find the” Prayz” network programming to be the most encouraging. http://prayznetwork.com
In the Madison Area, I enjoy the music of Life 102.5. (Its Life 102.5’s fall fundraiser this week.)
Be fit and be blessed,