Friday, August 7, 2015

Fit Bit (Help)

Fit Bit (Help)
Do you know someone that needs help?  Can you help them?  Sometimes it is very difficult to help others.  Many times, I find that even if someone I love needs help they are unwilling to take my help.  That’s usually because my help come is the form of lecturing or telling said person, what to do.  Who needs that?  Yet, that is what I call help. Ridiculous right?  I remember my mother telling me what to do, when I was a young adult.  I also remember it making me viscerally mad when she did, so much so that I would do exactly the opposite of what she suggested.  Even today, as a middle-aged woman, if my mother tells me what to do, I get irritated.  So, then if telling people what to do is not of help what is?

   I find that if I truly want to help someone, first I ask God how.  Maybe it is that I help them clean their house, take them for dinner, spend time talking (without lecturing) or play a game of cards.  Most importantly if I truly want to help someone I pray for them and remind them that Jesus knows them, loves them and died for them so they can live forgiven and good with God.  I remind them, Jesus has a plan for their life.  They matter!!  Showing someone, anyone the love of God is truly the very best way to help him or her.


“If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?”

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”

1 John 4:12 “No man hath seen God at any time.  If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us.”


Be fit, be blessed and be helpful through sharing the love of God,

Kimberly

The below Youtube video was produced by a youth group;



No comments:

Post a Comment