Thursday, September 17, 2015

Fit Bit ( God Esteem vs. Self Esteem)

Fit Bit (God Esteem vs. Self Esteem)
Luke 9:23
“23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.”
Today I was listening to Andrew Womack ministries.  He was talking bout this very thing. 
In our current culture self-esteem is a center point of raising our children.  We give participation awards out so everyone is a winner.  Is this bad?  I don’t know.  I see it both ways.  What I do know is if my help comes from believing in me, I am lost.  I can be having a “great day “ and the next thing you know I’m messing up again.  If my help comes from me, YUCK!  I can try and try, but I always fall short.  If I relied on my own behavior and accomplishments to feel good, I would be destined to intense failure. No matter how good I am, I am still bad.  When I start picking myself apart, and feel the deserved low esteem attacking me, I try to STOP and remember I am a beautiful child of God.  I am made beautiful because of what Jesus Christ did for me, not because of what I do or fail to do. He takes the bad and works it out for good.  Sometimes I make good decisions and often I make bad ones, but when I have God esteem, thinking of myself as made right and forgive through Jesus.  I have internal desire and strength to keep on keeping on, in a God focused direction.  This keeps me healthy.

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

Romans 8:28
“28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.”



No comments:

Post a Comment