Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Fit Bit (What are you gazing at?)

Fit Bit (What are you gazing at?)
Proverbs 23:31-32 
31“Do not gaze at wine when it is red,
             when it sparkles in the cup,
             when it goes down smoothly!
32 In the end it bites like a snake
              and poisons like a viper.”

I used to think of alcohol fondly. I enjoyed “partying with my friends”.  Then something happened it became my obsession, then my destruction.  I am thankful everyday I am able to leave it behind me.  It took me 29 years to STOP fantasizing about it!  I could not give it up, as long as I kept holding it in high regard.  If I gazed at it and wished I could “just be a normal drinker”, I was destined to drink.  Once I decided to see it as poison to me and looked away I was able to leave it behind.  We all have things that we could leave behind.  Be inspired today to stop gazing fondly, at what you want to let go of.

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly



    


No comments:

Post a Comment