Saturday, January 2, 2016

Fit Bit ( Fresh Start)

Fit Bit (New Year/ Fresh Start)
I know at this stage in my life, I have pretty much given up on New Years resolutions.  I have given up because I have had years of failures.  This year I am remembering the attitude I had toward my alcoholic behavior (which used to be my annual resolution).  I had tried to quit drinking for 29 years; I had decided that I would never be able to quit so why even try.  I thought to myself, I need to find someone to love me just the way I am, drunk and all.  I prayed, “I can’t do this Lord, help me find someone to love me. “  

Surrender, it is an amazing beginning.  On my own, I could not quit or start anything and see it through completely.  With the help of God, I have been able to stay sober for 11 years.  I stay clean because I found someone that loves me just the way “I am”.  Jesus.  I don’t ever want to loose the closeness I feel toward my Lord.  When I was drinking the bottle had become my obsession.  I couldn’t love God or others because I was too busy loving my booze.  It is sad for me to think of who I was, but I thank God that is no longer who I am.  I am a new creation through Jesus Christ. 

Most of you are not struggling with alcoholism, but all of you are struggling with something, It is our humane condition.  For your “Fresh Start” in 2016 put God first, surrender all.  Then Watch His wondrous works.

Luke 10:27 “ And he answering said, “Though shalt love the Lord Thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength and with all thy mind and thy neighbor as thyself.”

Luke 9:62 “And Jesus said unto him, “No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back is fit for the kingdom of God.”




Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment