Saturday, December 10, 2016

Fit Bit (Faithful)

Fit Bit (Faithful)
Hebrews 12:11 “Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous:  nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby…14Follow peace with all men and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:”

James 1:27  “Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.”

WOW these two passages are really hitting me this Advent morning.  I am preparing for Christmas by decorating my home, visiting with friends and family and hopefully baking, shopping and giving.  Giving, this is the thing that is upon my heart the most today.  Financially this year is a bit tight for me. On the other hand, I have more time then I usually have.  Hopefully I can give of my time and be Faithful.  Personally, I have issues that are consuming my thoughts and I don’t “feel” like I can get much done.  Hebrews 12:11 reminds me that the sufferings of this present time is nothing compared to the joy that awaits me.  James 1:27 reminds me that true happiness and joy is fulfilled when I love others as Christ loves me.  Therefore today and hopefully each day I will stop thinking of what is difficult and concentrate on being His hands and feet.  I may not have the finances to bless others the way I want to, but I do have the ability to intentionally take the time to be nice to someone, even a stranger.  I hope this short insight helps you be encouraged to be faithful this Christmas with what you have.


Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

PS “One thing that we do have is the knowledge of Jesus, how cool Christmas is that we can most easily share His this GOOD NEWS!!”





No comments:

Post a Comment