Thursday, May 17, 2018

FIt Bit (When the unthinkable happens)

Fit Bit “ Trusting God when the unthinkable happens”
Recently a friend of mine sent me the link at the bottom of this page.   She knows that last Fall my Son was sentenced to prison because he was responsible for his best friends death.  They had been drinking; then entered into a race with the guys they were drinking with.  They lost control of the car and my sons’ friend died upon impact.  I will never forget that night.   I have always considered that my children could die in an accident.  I had never given much thought to them being the cause of the accident that would kill someone else let alone a young man that I admired. 

I haven’t written many Fit Bits for a while.  Yet I am holding tight to our Lord Jesus.  My son is too.  I pray for the other family and hope they can find forgiveness in their hearts.  It is the unthinkable.  Yet, to be honest, this is the reality of what can happen to an alcoholic’s child.

Many of you know that I am a grateful, recovering alcoholic.  I quit drinking about 14 years ago.  My children were 12 and 14 at the time.  That means I modeled many poor choices during their formative years.

The Good NEWS:  Jesus. 
My sons’ friend professed his faith in Jesus, at my kitchen table the week before he passed.  I am thankful, to know he is in Heaven.  That is our silver lining.  Unfortunately his family is non-believers.

We all have the unthinkable.  Life sometimes doesn’t “feel” fair, or fun.  Jesus said, in John 10:10  “ The thief comes, but to kill steal and destroy, I have come that you may have life, to the full and in abundance.”  This doesn’t say we will not have trouble, It says He will give us life, to the full, even when the enemy is lurking,

Another verse that really helps me is:  Psalm 46:10 “ Be still and know that I am God.”

We are all going through something.  Let JESUS be your ROCK, therefore your abundance.

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


https://www.focusonthefamily.com/media/daily-broadcast/Trusting-God-When-the-Unthinkable-Happens-pt1?utm_campaign=627401&utm_medium=email&utm_source=giving

No comments:

Post a Comment