Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Fit Bit (Dating)

Fit Bit (Dating)
Dating in 2018, is kind of ridiculous. 

When I was a young woman, we went to the dance club and there we noticed someone that noticed us and danced a couple songs we could tell after a couple dances if we might want to give the guy our number or if we’d move on.   A dance club, a racquetball tournament or some other fun activity was where we’d go for boy meets girl.  Today, Internet dating has taken over the old-fashioned boy meets girl. 

At Church Sunday, I spoke with a beautiful young Christian woman, who was looking to meet someone on the Net.  She said, she posted she was interested in a long-term relationship.  I personally think it would be nice for our culture to go back to dance clubs.   I feel like the Net is lonely.  I have tried Internet dating.  I have found it to be time consuming and flat.  I do know of others that have met their spouses there.  I don’t have the solution, but I have heard of groups called “Meet up”.
These are groups of people getting together to participate in an activity they enjoy.
People looking for friends go to “Meet Up”.

Loneliness’ is one of our cultures biggest issues.  Social Media takes up our time, without us really making connections with each other.  I believe our churches have to get the ball rolling with safe, fun social events for all ages.  I think we need to go back to the old ways of Boy meets Girl.

To be healthy we need to be in healthy relationships.  Be inspired to increase your face-to-face time with other Christ centered friends.

Philippians 4:11  “Not that I speak in respect of want; for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, there with to be content.”

Philippians 2:2  “Fulfill ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.”

1 Peter 3:8  Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.”



Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment