Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Fit Bit (The Passing)

Fit Bit (The Passing)
Eternal Life is an amazing concept.

 Currently my Dear Uncle Pete is getting ready to go home.  From a far, I want it to be a celebration, celebrate that he will be pain free and living in a peace that surpasses all understanding.  Every time our Pastor give us communion he uses the Phrase, “Go in peace, your sins are forgiven and you have Heaven to look forward to.”  Heaven to look forward to, this is difficult.  I am thankful to know my Uncle knows the Lord and his sins are forgiven and He does have Heaven to look forward to.  Yet, I feel so sad to not see his big smile and big presence in this world.  He is a “bigger then life “ kind of guy.  So it’s hard.  I look forward to going water skiing; I look forward to a good comedy show.  I look forward to spending time with the ones I love.  Pete now gets to go home and spend time with the ones he loves, that he hasn’t been with for a while.  I should feel happy for him, but still I’m sad.

In my imagination, I think if I was with him I would want to be a cheerleader and remind him of the glory, he has awaiting him.   Yet the reality is when our loved ones are passing, it doesn’t feel like a celebration, it hurts.  When my stepfather passed, we had the assurance of upcoming Heaven too, but still, so difficult.

My step grandfather Paul, also another “bigger then life kind of guy”, is too getting ready to go home.  Lord, please give each of us the assurance that Heaven awaits. Remind us continually that there awaits a better life after the passing.

Jesus died for all of our sins, we are all sinners and need a Savior, Jesus paid the price for us, conquered death and all those that believe upon him shall be saved.
We have Heaven to look forward to.

I believe in order for us to be healthy for our loved ones during the passing we have to remember the promises of God.

This is not the end but a new beginning and when one door shuts, another one opens.


Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

(The thief on the cross, only knew Jesus for a short time, but none the less, was headed to Heaven)

that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together.
“Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

As it is written: “There is no one righteousnot even one;



(I like to use Bible gateway to find verses that help me)

No comments:

Post a Comment