Friday, March 1, 2024

Not as bad as I used to be

 Nehemiah 9:3 "They stood where they were and read from the Book of the Law of the Lord their God for a quarter of the day, and spent an other quarter in confession and worshipping the Lord their God."   Can you imagine spending over half your day learning the Word, confessing and worshipping?   I have a hard time getting my clients to read a verse a day.  I used to wake up in the morning and “work out.”Now I wake up in the morning and spend time learning the word, and worshipping God.   My mantra is; When you put on your faith you are fit for anything “.  ( I still value exercise, I value Faith more. 1st Timothy 4:8) When reading this verse I am reminded that I truly don’t spend much time in confession.   My sins aren’t as loud today as they were 20 years ago when I was actively drinking.  But I am humane so I am still full of sin.   In AA we have a saying, “ Our secrets keep us sick.”   Today I am inspired to look at my heart and truly confess what my pride is telling me is “Reasonable behavior and desires”.   The world’s standards are not Gods standards.   Joyce Meyer says,”I am not as bad as I used to be, but I’m not where I want to be.”   It's very good for my health to stay in confession and worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment