Thursday, April 25, 2024

Be Authentic!

1 Corinthians 9:24 "Do you not know that in a race all runners run, but only one gets the prize?  Run in such a way as to get the prize.  25 Everyone who competes  in the games goes into strict training.  They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever........27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."   Training is something familiar to me.   I love to train for athletic events.  I don’t like to train by drinking 64 ounces of water a day.  My point is some of the things we do are easy for us and some are really hard.   We discipline our bodies so they don’t discipline us!!   When I was actively involved in alcohol rehab I preferred councilors that had “been there”.    If they were drinkers telling me how not to drink, I didn’t respect what they said.    Let’s run the race with endurance, perseverance and compassion!!   We will fall and get off course, but we can get back up and keep putting one foot in front of the other.     Personally I enjoy getting advice from people who know how to fall and get back up again!  They help me run the race as if I'm going for the prize!!🏆. If you’re the one giving advice, be encouraged to be authentic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment