Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fit Bit (Can't leave my X alone)


Fit Bit (can’t leave my X alone)
Dear Kimberly,
I am divorced twice.  My second ex-wife and I still workout together and have casual sex.  I have a new girlfriend.  My new girl friend knows about my relationship with my X.  My X is very upset about my girl friend and me.  I am trying to quit drinking but with this going on, I am struggling.   How do I leave my X alone?
Sincerely,
Can’t leave my X alone

Dear Leave your X alone,

 First, there is no such thing as casual sex.  The society we live in may tell us there is, but that is not the truth in Gods’ word.  Sex, is a gift for a husband and wife, not for casual encounters.  When we do not honor the ways of God in our actions we suffer.  I imagine that you are also sleeping with your new girlfriend, if so quit it. 

When a person is trying to get clean and sober after issues with alcohol, there is usually a big mess in their lives.  This seems to be true for you.  The first year of sobriety is very fragile.    Get back to basics;
1.  Seek first God.  (Mathew 6:33)  All the insanity in your life will be cured if you first look to God.  Read His word, the Bible.  Get sound pastoral advice and fellowship with other Christian Men.
2.  Family first, if you have children they are more important then new girl friends, Repair those relationships first.
3.  During all this do what ever it takes to stay clean.  If you start drinking again it will mess up your thought process and the alcohol will become your God.  If alcohol is in your life, as an alcoholic, you will not be able to “Seek first God”.

Many times people with issues with alcohol need to enter rehab and then instead of returning home they need to go to a half way house.  This may seem to degrading, but your life sounds pretty degrading.    You need to get back to basics, Seek God, love your family and stay clean.  If you work, put effort into your job.  Chances are your career is suffering to.

Mathew 6:33  “But seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.”

Be fit and be blessed,
Kimberly






No comments:

Post a Comment