Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fit Bit ( grateful vs. entitled)


Fit Bit (grateful or entitled?)
Dear Kimberly,

     I recently was able to have a wonderful vacation.  I could not afford to go, but a friend of mine let me use his credit card so I could have enough gas.  I took advantage of the situation and charged more then just gas.  During my spending, I justified my actions.  Now, I look back and think, “what a spoiled little brat”.  How do I make it up to my friend?  My friend is always so kind; I take his generosity for granted.  How do I stay grateful and not take advantage?

Sincerely,

Grateful vs. Entitled

Dear Grateful vs. Entitled,

    It is easy to take the people who love us the most for granted.  We can do that with our salvation, too.  Humble, is how to stay grateful.  On our own, we are not worthy.  Through Jesus we are worthy, made well, and given great gifts.  Yet, as we use these gifts, such as kindness, intelligence, diligence we can begin to feel prideful. We can think our gifts, belong to us and we deserve things because of our actions.  We are recipients of Grace.  When we realize all we have is from God, we are taking the first step of humility.  If we practice humility we are less likely to think we are entitled, and more likely to live in gratefulness. When we are prideful we think we deserve…an extra, helping of ice-cream, a more expensive car then we can afford…  etc.…we rationalize our selfish behavior.

Evaluate your humility daily.  Do you realize everything you have is a gift from God and you are to be the keeper of His gifts?  Evaluate how you are doing.  Do you truly live in thanksgiving or do you squander your assets?

Be honest with your friend, express your regret, and try to not take advantage of his generosity anymore.  Ask Jesus to forgive you and guide you to sin no more.

Luke 6:45  “A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil; for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly




No comments:

Post a Comment