Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Fit Bit (Holy for the Holidays)


Fit Bit (Holy for the Holidays)
Dear Kimberly,

    I’m stressed out with the Holidays.  I am already worried about life and now, I don’t have the money or calories to spend on Christmas.  Where do I start?  I can’t handle this stress.

Sincerely,

Stressed out for the Holidays

Dear Stressed out,

This is a wonderful time of year.  We are celebrating Our Dear Saviors birth.  Start with remembering that.  This season is not about spending or over eating it is about love. 

John 3:16  “ For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believe in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
Holy for the Holidays (3)
In peace I will lie down and sleep, for You alone, O Lord will keep me safe.  (Ps.4:8)

This is the time of year so many of us are starting to worry and fret over so many different things.  This incisive worry leads to an inability to sleep.  Without proper sleep we cannot reset our body clock.  We start to run on empty filling ourselves with all the wrong things.  God did not come that we should live in the spirit of fear and worry.  He came that we may have life and have it to the full in abundance.

John 10:10  “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;  I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.”

WHEN YOU ARE TEMPTED TO GET INTO WORRY AND FEAR, slow down…. pray, trust God!!!This season we are celebrating the Birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.    Let us cast our cares upon Him and leave them there, AT HIS FEET. 

Peter 5:7  “Cast all your anxiety on Him, for He cares for you.”

During the hustle and bustle of this season, don’t skimp on your sleep.  You need enough good quality sleep every night in order to keep your head on straight.  Trusting God and believing His word will help you rest and enjoy this Holy season.

A Prayer to share: 

Heavenly Father,

     Unrest, is ever present,
 Let me not get caught up spending too much money or eating too much food.
Let me get caught up in remembering how much you love my family, our country, and me and how you are ever present.
Let me spread you’re your love today and each day throughout this world.
Please protect our country, Help this world know your peace.
Through Jesus name, I trust and pray,

Amen.

Be fit, be blessed and Merry Christmas!!!

Kimberly

·      Fun Club is meeting at Ginny’s Cupboard in Sparta, WI This Saturday night at 5-7 pm we will have a bite to eat and then walk down to the Rotary Christmas lights.  The Rotary accepts donations to keep this light show up and running.  Hope you can come!!!!  Please contact Kimberly to let me know if you will be there.  608-487-4879 or kimberlyamathews@gmail.com
·       



No comments:

Post a Comment