Sunday, December 30, 2012

Fit Bit (lonesome)


Fit Bit (lonesome)
Dear Kimberly,
 I took your advice; I let go of my married boyfriend.  I can’t stop thinking bout him.  I keep thinking of reasons I can call him.  He is very smart; I would like to just talk with him about politics.  Would that be so bad?  I know that relationship was wrong, but I feel so lonesome.
Sincerely,
Lonesome

Dear Lonesome,

 You are not alone!  Although God doesn’t give us physical hugs or talk with us verbally He is still always with us. 

 Mathews 28:20  “Teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and Lo I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Hebrews 13:5  “ Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such thing as you have, For He Himself said, I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

The more you perseverate on this relationship the harder it is to give it up.  What you think about expands.  When you start to fantasize about this man, STOP!  You can control your thinking; intentionally think about God and His promises for your life. To change your thoughts, read Gods’ word, it is powerful.  Call a Christian friend, or do something that is fun.

It is hard to be single.  Our culture teaches us that we should have a mate.  Yet Paul said, that if we can control our lusts (promiscuous behavior) it is far better to be single so we can focus on God.  Many of us desire a mate, yet if we settle for a mate that is not God’s choice for us then we are interfering with God’s will for our lives.  How do you know if the person you are dating is a person God would approve of?

1.     Does He love you like Christ loved the church?  (Cherish you?)
2.     Are you equally yoked? (Is God and His ways first in your lives?)
3.      Does she respect you?
4.     Is being together a sin?

Ask yourself these questions.  Dating is to determine if you can marry that person.  If you cannot marry that person, then move on.  Trust God.

Mathew 6:8  “Therefore so not be like them, For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly






No comments:

Post a Comment