Friday, December 28, 2012

Fit Bit (staying clean/birthday)


Fit Bit (staying clean/birthday)

    Today is my 8th birthday. 

It was eight years ago today that I did not pick up a drink when the craving hit.  I spent the next three days in bed with the shakes, sweats and delirium.  I had just been pulled over for driving intoxicated with my children in the car.  I woke up this morning eight years ago realizing that if I did not quit drinking I would loose everything that was dear to me, once and for all.  I had already given my life to Christ; I had told everyone that I had quit drinking.   I was relapsing.   My life was spinning far out of balance I did not want to tell anyone, I was embarrassed, I had already told people I was a Christian.  .  Each day I was living a lie.  8 years ago today, I decided to walk in truth regardless of how difficult it would be.  Not because I really wanted to quit drinking, I didn’t.  I wanted God to make me a normal drinker.  I quit this day because I knew   drinking had become my God.  I threw in the towel.  I decided to do what ever it took to stay away from the booze.  I got serious about my recovery.  I sought counseling and I did what the professionals told me to do.  It was the most humbling experience in my life.

The first time I quit drinking I was 13 years old.  Eight years ago, I was 42.  I have been a Christian my entire life.  It’s hard to admit, as a Christian, I still struggle with horrible behavior.  When drinking was my secret, it kept me sick.  Now that I have accepted the forgiveness through Jesus Christ, I know I am a beautiful child of God, alcoholic or not.  This does not let me drink.  It (He) gives me freedom from drinking. 

John 11:25-26  “Jesus said unto her,  “I am the resurrection, and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live, 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die, Believeth thou this?”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly





Today is my Birthday, is it your birthday too?

  Are you struggling with alcoholism, co-dependency, eating disorders, anxiety, depression etc.…?  Jesus Christ is the great healer.  Let today be your birthday.


My story is not an immediate release from my sin; it’s one of endurance and continued attempts to try to live a life more pleasing to God.  My life theme is “keep on keeping on”.  I sincerely hope that I have taken my last drink of alcohol.  I do know that regardless of how many times I fall, Jesus loves me!   He loves you too.

What about you?

What sin are you struggling with?  God is with you.  He will never leave you nor forsake you.  Keep on Keeping on! 

He is with you.

Mathew 28:20  “ Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you; and Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.  Amen”



No comments:

Post a Comment