Monday, May 6, 2013

Fit Bit ( I can see clearly now)


Fit Bit (I can see clearly now)
It was not that many years ago that I was caught up in a compulsive, addictive swirl of alcoholism.  Today, I can look back and see how insane it all was.  In order for me to get well I needed to desire a different life.  Even though my alcoholic behavior was insane, it was my comfort zone.  Change is difficult regardless of how necessary it is.  My precursor to change was God opening my eyes to how I was hurting the people around me, especially my children.  Once I could see how my sin was affecting my boys, I experienced a great AH HAH moment.  I am so thankful God removed the scales from my eyes and gave me the strength to do what ever it took to change.

What about you?  Is there a behavior in your life that needs to be changed?  Is God opening your eyes to your need to change?  What has He shown you?

In order to change;
1.     Have the desire.  Open your eyes to the need.
2.     Ask God for His help and strength.  Know He is with you 24/7.
3.     Keep on keeping on, regardless of how many times you try and fail.
4.     Accept the forgiveness Jesus died to give you and leave the past in the past.

John 9:25  “He replied, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know.  One thing I do know, I was blind but now I see!””

John 9:41  “Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin, but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment