Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fit Bit ( Happy are those whose God is the Lord)

Fit Bit (Happy are those whose God is the Lord)
I am a single mother of three wonderful young men.  They bring me great joy on a regular basis.  I have spent the past 24+ years of my life thinking of them, cherishing them and trying, my best, to be a good mom to them.  My best has often been, not so good.  As I watch them, come into their own, I am tempted to worry and fear.  I cannot control, weather or not they buy snowmobiles, whom they date or don’t date or how they run their professional lives.  What I can do is trust in the Our Lord.  I know there is power in prayer.  I trust that God, answers our prayers.  I trust that no matter how things seem, God has his hand on it, and is working it out for our good.  I have heard, “The opposite of faith is fear.” If I find myself in fear I am miserable, trying to be in control of things, I have no control over.  When I truly practice my faith and trust all things, including my boys, in God’s capable hands I feel deep joy and reassurance.  When I actively live in God’s joy, I am happy.  Deep felt happiness and peace are necessary for true health and wellness.  Jesus is the only way I know to achieve this state.

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

Romans 8:28  “And we know that God works for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.”

1 Thessalonians 1:4-6  For we know, brothers and sisters [b] loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit.




No comments:

Post a Comment