Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Fit Bit (Garbage in?)

Fit Bit (Garbage in?)

When I entered the gym today,  I saw a quote posted, “Life is not formed by good art, it is formed by bad television.”

Mar 5, 2014 New York Daily News
Children aged 2-11 watch over 24 hours of TV per week, while adults aged 35-49 watch more than 33 hours, according to data from Nielsen that suggests TV time increases the older we get. The average American watches more than five hours of live television every day.
April 4,2013 Religious News Service
More than half of Americans think the Bible has too little influence on a culture they see in moral decline, yet only one in five Americans read the Bible on a regular basis, according to a new survey.
More than three-quarters of Americans (77 percent) think the nation’s morality is headed downhill, according to a new survey from American Bible Society.
The survey showed the Bible is still firmly rooted in American soil: 88 percent of respondents said they own a Bible, 80 percent think the Bible is sacred, 61 percent wish they read the Bible more, and the average household has 4.4 Bibles.

James 1:5  “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask it of God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”

My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. “Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.

In order for me to stay strong in God’s word, I try to read the Bible daily, listen to Christian radio, fellowship with other Christians and attend my home church services regularly.  I fall short on the entire above, but if I keep on keeping on, it helps me have my head knowledge on God. I have noticed where my head knowledge is my heart follows.

Bottom line: I stay strong, through the powerful gift of Jesus.  I remember to keep Him first by intentionally feeding myself His word.

I hope this message inspires you to turn off the TV and pick up the Bible!!

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment