Saturday, April 25, 2015

Fit Bit (LAFF)

Fit Bit (LAFF)
Today as I was reading the book of Joshua Chapter 9, in verse 14 it read, “The men of Israel sampled their provisions but did not inquire of the Lord.”.”

“But did not inquire of the Lord”, hit me like a ton of bricks!!!

I tend to get an idea in my head and run with it, I often don’t take the time to pray, be still and wait on the Lord.  I want answers and action NOW.  Especially when it comes to my children.  If my children are hurting I want to fix it.  If they are struggling I want to help.  The truth is most of the time; it’s way beyond me.  My children and the people I love need to go through their stuff, just like I need to go through mine.  I am not the GREAT HEALER…. God is!!   I can pray, be still and trust GOD.

If I need action, while I am trying to be patient, waiting on God.  I can actively love my loved ones where they are. 

I use the LAFF philosophy when I think of loving people; I try to love on others as Jesus loves me.

L= Love, love people where they are at and ALWAYS be kind.
A=Accept, accept people for who they are, not who I want them to be.
F=Forgive, forgive them, regardless of the offenses.
F= Forget, forget it, I try to; Stop thinking about and bringing up the things that are over!!

When I have a tough time applying this, I pray and ask God to help me.  I pray for the person, even though sometimes it is hard to get out the words.

When I forget God, it’s like I am trying to be God and that NEVER works.

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

Psalm 103; 12  “as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.”




No comments:

Post a Comment