Saturday, November 24, 2018

Fit Bit ( Thankful in Grief)

Fit Bit   (Thankful in Grief)

“So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.”

Colossians 2:6-7


Thankful in grief is easier to write about if you’re not in the middle of walking it.  A couple weeks ago, I was feeling pretty bullet proof. I remember thinking of how good things were going in my life regardless of some things that were difficult.  Nov. 4th it was easier to be thankful in everything and sincerely smile.   Today, in the after math of my beautiful new daughter in laws passing its very hard to sincerely smile and this nauseousness in my gut, just won’t to leave.  I felt very angry on Thanksgiving.  I didn’t really want to be around other people so I wouldn’t infest the holiday.  I spent a lot of time walking and listening to the bible on tape and praise music.  This did truly help me.  It’s hard to understand why my new daughter was taken up to heaven, when her birth family, my son and I had so many hopes and dreams for all of our lives with her.  Many people go through this.  I now understand how difficult it is to walk this grief.  The only thing that eases my grief is to remember she is in Heaven.  She is even more beautiful now then she was here.  My grief is eased when I thank God that she was in our lives in the first place.  I’m thankful her wonderful family is embracing my son.  I am thankful Jesus died for each and every one of us so that death has lost its sting.  I am thankful she is not dead but alive in Christ. 

I am thankful that each of us has the opportunity to live even though we die;

1.     Know you are a sinner and need a savior.
2.     Believe Jesus died on the cross to free you from your sins
3.     Believe Jesus rose again from the grave.

Erin, as perfect as she seemed here on Earth, knew she was a sinner and trusted that Jesus paid the price for her sins on the cross and gave her His righteousness in exchange.  She believed He conquered the grave.  So, she does too.  I am thankful for that.

When I get shaky and feel hopelessness attacking, I look to the gospel and feel thankful.

Jesus is the only thing big enough to fill the hole, left by the passing of our Lovely Erin.

I hope you too take comfort in the Gospel.  It is truly the only way I know to be fit.


Be fit, be blessed and be thankful,

Kimberly



John 11:25  “Jesus said unto her, “I am the resurrection and the life: WHOEVER BELIEVES IN ME, THOUGH HE DIE, YET SHALL HE LIVE, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”



No comments:

Post a Comment