Monday, May 20, 2019

Fit Bit (Gossip)

Fit Bit (Gossip) 
I consider my self a Christian woman.  I wish I would always act like it.  Recently, I was upset with someone close to me.  People close to us can upset us.  I didn’t have the guts to just address it with her.  I felt I needed to vent it, so I did.  I didn’t vent it to Jesus and to her; I vented it to another person.  That is gossip.  WOW!  In the middle of my behavior I didn’t realize that I was being a gossip.  But when the person I talked about found out about what I had said, yes it was gossip.  I wish as a Christian woman I wouldn’t behave as poorly as I do sometimes.  I am better then I used to be but I have such a long way to go.  Ruth Graham (Billy Grahams’ wife) on her tombstone had written, “ End of construction, thanks for your patience”.  I want to be a good example to those around me.  Yet, here I am a fallen humane with many areas of construction left.  I pray that I can keep improving and that the people I offend in this world can find forgiveness for me during my construction. 

In the Bible it tells us that if we are angry or have an issue with someone we should take it directly to him or her.  If they do not listen then we bring another person with us.  If they still don’t listen then we take it to the church elders.  Most of my issues with people won’t involve taking it to the church elders but I hope I can find the guts to at least take my issues to the person I am irritated with before I go and tell others. 

I hope this little Fit Bit helps you remember healthy relationships require healthy discussions about difficult topics.  We can do all things through Jesus Christ whom strengthens us. May you be inspired to find the courage to talk about difficult issues so you’re not tempted to gossip.

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.




No comments:

Post a Comment