Monday, March 23, 2020

Fit Bit (Hedge of Protection)

Fit Bit (Hedge of Protection)

This morning I was sitting by my picture window, here at the lake and reading.  When I looked up, I thought I saw my dog Isabelle wondering out unto the ice.  I went to call her back in and noticed it wasn’t my dog but a coyote.  I remembered Isabelle was in fact outside.  I went to call her in and there she was on my deck in a stare off with the coyote.   She came inside and was shaking, then nestled in close to me, (which she hardly ever does).   I am so thankful she wasn’t breakfast for that coyote.  God had put a hedge of protection around her.  Earlier this week, I was driving my old van and my wheel feel off.  I had been driving it over 70 miles and hour on the interstate within 100 miles of it falling off.  It fell off when I was only going about 25.  It was His hedge of protection. Sometimes it's tempting to see what’s wrong and forget about His hedge of protection.  This quarantine we are all going through is like that.  

Job 1:10 “ Have you not put a hedge around him and his house and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.” 

The story of Job is one of my least favorites in the Bible.  I don’t like that Job, went through so much suffering and lost so much, here on this earth.   Yet the story of Job is in the Bible for a reason.  When my lovely new daughter in law Erin, passed my dear friend had me read job 38 to remind me that I can not understand God but I can TRUST.  I do TRUST that our lovely Erin is safe in our Fathers arms forever, and she has no more pain or no more sorrow.  That even though she passed, she is covered in our Fathers Hedge of Protection.  So that’s what I do, I chose to believe in our fathers ever lasting hedge of protection.  Today I hope this little Fit Bit, inspires you to TRUST in it too.

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly





No comments:

Post a Comment