Friday, April 10, 2020

Fit BIt ( TGIF)

Fit Bit (TGIF!!!)

Isaiah 53:4-6  “ Surely He took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet, we considered Him stricken by God, smitten by Him, and afflicted.  5 But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed. 6 We are all like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

When I hear the chimes of my clock, I know an other hour is gone by.  When I look at the cross, I know that my sins have been laid upon it.  Yet, sometimes I hold onto my sins.  I don’t hold onto last hour.  There is nothing I can do to bring back time past.  Many times I wish I could change the past, but I know I cant.  I intentionally decide to trust God with all that has happened and try my best to move forward in my present hour.  .  I hear the chimes and its a reminder to let go and move forward.  

To be truly healthy and well we need to accept the forgiveness Jesus died on the cross, to give us.  Today, we remember, “IT IS FINISHED!”  He paid the price for all our sins yesterdays’, todays’ and tomorrows’ and He remembers them no more.  He took the punishment for us on Good Friday.  This is GOOD!!   When we live in guilt and shame and continue to beat ourselves up for things we have done wrong, there is not benefit in that.  When we accept we have sinned, Jesus paid the eternal penalty for us and now… we turn from our sin and move into the next hour.  This is repentance; turning from the sins that have so easily ensnared us and pressing forward toward the mark, the high calling of God.  Healthy in Jesus is knowing, what He did for us on the cross, lets us live fully today, in our present moment, with hope for our future.  Hope is Health!  
Today, we can look at the darkness of Good Friday, but I’d rather focus on the fact;
SON DAY IS COMING!!  We wouldn’t have Easter, if we didn’t have Good Friday.  
I hope this little Fit Bit helps you to remember to THANK GOD FOR FRIDAY!!

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment