Saturday, June 17, 2023

The hat that lasts

1Timothy 4:7-8 " Have nothing to do with god less myths and old wives tales; rather train yourself to be godly. 8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things holding promise for both the present life and the life to come."

Godliness and physical training are the two things I hope to accomplish most of my days.    If I miss the physical training then it's not a big deal.  But if I take my eyes off Jesus my hope diminishes.   I used to put all my energy in my physical fitness.    A friend of mine asked me, “ what happens if you can’t do your fitness?” I said I’ll still be a child of God.   I love to do outdoor athletic activities.   I hope I always can.  But my true value is being a child of God.  I was a really good athlete at one point in my life and I lost that identity.   I was a Hockey mom at one point and I lost that, a soccer mom, a runner, a triathlete.   I’ve worn many hats but the hat that lasts is being a child of God.  No matter what we loose we always have Jesus.    Matthew 28:20 “ Lo, I am with you always even to the end of the age.”

Today I’m visiting my dad for Fathers day in California.  I wouldn’t rather be anyplace else.  But back home my dearest puppy if 181/2 years  looks like she is actively passing   My friend is watching her.  I am praying that she makes it tell I get home and I’m asking you to pray for that too.   I will really miss my Isabelle

No comments:

Post a Comment