Monday, June 13, 2011

Fit Bit ( Stress eating)


Fit Bit with Kimberly
 (faith that works-stress eating)
Question:  I do good at staying away from sweets unless I get stressed and then something goes off in my head that says,” Go for it!  Eat, eat, and eat!”  How do I get over this?

ANNswer:  Trust is God and his love for you and do not internalize the stress.  We are all given trials in this life.  Most of us have something everyday that can through us off.  In order to avoid destructive lifestyle patterns like yelling, screaming, over eating and drinking we have to learn to handle stress immediately, by trusting God. 

Today, I was reading the book of James in a study Bible.  The author said, “ The book of James is not about faith and works but FAITH THAT WORKS.”  Many times I have been overwhelmed with life stresses, I have learned to go to God first, before calling a friend, eating ice cream or being reactionary.  Sometimes, I forget to trust God first and the results are bad.  Try to pray first and eat only when you are hungry and are making good healthful choices.

James 1:2-3  “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations.  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.”


Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

http://faithcenteredfitness.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment