Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Fun


Summer Fun, Faith and Fitness (week2)
FUN!!!   Yesterday, someone asked me, “What do you think of when you think of summer?”  I said, “FUN!”

I have found that not everything I have to do is a traditional FUN thing.  When I think of summer fun I think of water skiing, canoeing, biking and other outdoor sports(fitness stuff).  This summer I have found fun in different ways.  I had the opportunity to help a neighbor with their dock after the storm, putting things back together was fun!  I am currently helping a sick relative/friend.  Although fun is not a word I would use to describe it, I am having fun being with my friend and his wife. Yesterday, we went for an ice-cream sundae, which was summer fun. 

FUN is an emotion, which comes from the joy inside my heart.  This summer I will not be doing as many of my traditional summer fun things. Yet, I will still be having fun.  I know that when I am able to be a vessel of God’s love, I feel joy in my heart.  His joy is fun for me.

Are you able to have joy even when life’s obstacles are not fun?  I think this ability is a sign of true fitness.

Psalm 144:15 “Happy is that people, that is in such a case; yea, happy is that people, whose God is the Lord.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

Todays CANOE trip is postponed until I can get more help for my friend.  Please include health , healing and spiritual assurance in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment