Monday, February 8, 2016

Fit Bit (Financial Fitness)

Fit Bit (Financial Fitness)
Recently, I was in Big Sky, Montana.  It was truly God’s country.  The Mountains were breathtaking and the people were kind and relaxed.  I had an amazing desire to relocate and be a part of it permanently.  One thing I was doing out there was living in vacation mode.  Vacation mode for me is spending money at a higher rate then I normally do and leaving all my responsibility behind.  Of course I felt great!  The reality is, even if I move to Big Sky, I will still need to be living in this world.

When living in this world, I need to make a conscious effort not to be of this world, especially in a place where I am around, ”Big Money”.  When in Big Sky, there was a lot of wealth and I really did want to be a part of that.  I found myself fantasizing about living in the 5+ Million dollar homes and having the $1500 ski jacket.  WOW!  That is so not my reality.  But it was certainly a strong desire of mine while I was there.  There is nothing wrong with those things and how wonderful if one can afford it, but my fire fighter salary will not provide that.  The truth is I do live in abundance.  I think financial fitness starts with being grateful and generous with what you have.  If I live in envy, I am likely to run up my credit cards and be plagued by debt quickly.  When I over spend I feel strapped and can’t be generous with what I have. 

So today, I will appreciate my financial fitness with gratitude and generosity.

Proverbs 11:28  “ He that trusteth in his riches shall fall:  but the righteous shall flourish like a branch.”
Proverbs 22:7  “The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is a servant to the lender.”
“What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?”

I hope this Fit Bit helped you today.

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

PS; We are starting a Woman’s Christian Health movement called “Bible Babes”.  We will be encouraging all women to help each other live holy, healthy and happy lives through the powerful gift of Jesus. 

“Grab life by the handle bars!”




No comments:

Post a Comment