Thursday, March 23, 2023

Cherish and Respect simple ia not so simple

Ephesians 5:31 "For this reasons man will leave his father and mother and be United to his wife and the two will become one flesh. 32 This is a profound mystery--but I am talking about Christ and the Church.   33 However each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself and the wife must respect her husband."    True health and wellness starts in our homes.   Broken homes are far more devastating than our culture portrays them.   Ephesians teaches a simple truth "Husbands Cherish your wives.  Wives respect your husbands."   I was teaching this at our monthly women's seminars and a lady said, "My husband doesn't deserve respect... "she went on to list all his struggles.  I said, “The Bible doesn't say to respect him if he deserves respect.  It says to respect him.    She went home and started treating her husband with respect.   The next month she came back and said, “You saved my marriage! I started treating my husband with respect and he started cherishing me!"    I said, "I didn't save your marriage Jesus saved your marriage! You applied His word to your life and you received healing in your family.”  Today there is much false teaching, people encourage the break up of the family for many reasons.  It's hard to be healthy and well when our families are broken.   Be encouraged to apply Gods WORD to yours. 😇🙏♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment