Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Eye on the prize

John 5:44 "How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?"

   Sometimes I feel emptiness.   A longing that can't be satisfied.  I think it's because I am lusting after the flesh instead of being filled with His Spirit.   He is the living water.   Today, I pray I let Christ alone fill my thirst.  When I was in treatment for alcoholism, the counselor taught me that if I look to anything outside my body to fill me up I will never be satisfied.   If I try to fill the hole in my heart with alcohol, food, relationships or things, they will never be able to fill me I will simply keep wanting more and more.    But if I let God fill me from within I can be filled to over flowing.   I have been trying to set my eyes on Jesus for a long time now.  But still I look to the flesh.  I am thankful His Spirit helps me recognize when I am gazing at thing that will empty me and not fill me to over flowing.    Today, let's keep our eyes on the prize of Jesus so we can be filled to overflowing!!!😇🙏♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment