When we stretch we open up our muscles and get the blood flowing. Try it right now, raise one arm above your head, put your hand slightly over center and feel the wonderful stretch throughout your torso. Hold your stretch 8-30 seconds. While you are stretching, practice relaxation breathing. Breathe in through your nose, filling your lungs full, hold a second, then exhale pushing all the air out of your lungs while pulling in your stomach. (Think belly button to spine, shoulders back and down.) As you breathe get deeper and deeper into your stretch. By doing this you will increase your range of motion.
I like stretching as a form of exercise.
1. You can do it easily in most outfits.
2. You can do it while you are waiting, or killing time.
3. You can do it while watching TV or listening to music. (Try it while listening to Christian music)
4. You can do it first thing in the morning, at lunch or before bed, it is easy to motivate to do.
5. Stretching is a great way to relax and work out.
Today try to stretch for at least five minutes. While you stretch exhale and trust God. See how good it feels!
1 John 2:15 “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.”
Be fit and be blessed and be willing to be stretched,