Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fit Bit (breaking Chains)


Fit Bit (breaking chains)
Dear Kimberly,

   I can’t seem to break the chains of my bad behaviors.  I want to eat healthy, but instead, I dive into frosting.  I want to exercise but I tell myself, “I don’t feel like it”.  I want to respect my husband, but I continually find things that are wrong with him.  My list of poor behaviors goes on and on.  How do I break these chains?
Sincerely,
Breaking chains.

Dear Breaking Chains,

We all struggle.  Most of us want to do better then we do.  Regardless of how good or bad we do, we are forgiven and washed clean, made white as snow through the forgiveness made possible by the blood of Jesus Christ.  Remember this; first and foremost, it is not your behavior that dictates your salvation.  It is your belief that Jesus paid the price for you on the cross, rose from the dead and is now your living savior.  You are made new through His sacrifice.  End of story, Beginning of a new life.  A new life where our hearts desire to do better, yet we still struggle.

When you accept Jesus as your savior.  You are given a helper, the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit will guide you to break the chains.   You know His voice of truth; the voice inside of you that says, “leave the frosting alone, get off the couch, be respectful”…etc.  Problems occur when we ignore the voice of truth.  In order to break the chains of sin we have to embrace Gods’ commands. Pray for His strength and knowledge to direct your path.  Through Christ, all things are possible.  Believe that. Read His word, pray and let His commands be written in your heart through the Holy Spirit.  Each time you do the right thing, it gets easier.  Keep walking the walk to the best of your ability and continually commune with God.  He can change your heart, mind and actions.  Let Him.
Hebrew 10:22  “Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.”

James 4:7  “Submit yourselves therefore to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

Be fit and be blessed,
Kimberly





No comments:

Post a Comment