Friday, July 27, 2012

Fit Bit ( Got it all)


Fit Bit (Got it all, but)
Dear Kimberly,

   I have been doing everything in my power to get ahead.  I have a nice boat, beautiful homes, cars, trucks and a wonderful son.  Yet, I am empty and lonely so much of the time.  I have achieved retirement status at 50.  I thought this would be the happiest time in my life but I find myself short with my son and board.  Why can’t I be content and happy?  I have everything in this world, I could possibly want. 

Got it all but something is missing,

Dear Got it all,

The pleasures of this world are nice but they are not what give us true happiness.   Happiness is rooted in your soul.  John 10:10  “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy; I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”  I understand looking great on the outside and being empty on the inside.  The only way I have found true happiness is by committing my everyday and every moment to being a follower of Jesus Christ.  I do this by reading His word daily, praying and trusting in Him moment by moment.  If I ever start to feel lonely or unfulfilled, I stop and call on Him.  He is the source of true happiness.

  It is nice that you have so many earthy pleasures.  Do you share them?  I find that when I share my things, with people who can’t possibly pay me back in the material sense, I feel fulfilled.  Jesus said in John 15:12 “This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you.”  After all who cares what you have if you are not using what you have for good?  Evaluate your walk with our Lord.  See where you can improve it.  Try being generous with what you have.  Little things help, like tipping well.  Smiling and saying thank you to the checkout clerk.  Use what you have for His good.


Mathew 16:26  “For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  Of what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

http://faithcenteredfitness.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment