Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fit Bit (iced coffee junkie)


Fit Bit (iced coffee junkie)
Dear Kimberly,

 I have been doing well on my Wellness challenge sheet.  I have lost 3 pounds.  I keep cheating with my iced coffees.  I just can’t seem to give these up.  Can I trade off something else to keep them in my diet?

Sincerely,
Iced Coffee Junkie

Dear Iced Coffee Junkie,

When you tell me you need Iced Coffee the first thing I wonder is; “are you getting enough sleep at night?”  The fact you need a regular stimulant that is high in calories suggests that you may be out of balance.  Take a good look at your lifestyle and make sure you are walking in God’s peace.  When we live, in to much stress many of us compensate with stimulants or depressants.  Remember to always, trust God and walk in His peace.

If you really want to consume all those calories in one small drink, then cut someplace else to avoid weight issues.  Iced Coffees are empty calories without nutritional value; so it is hard to justify cutting good nutrition for them.  If you feel you need them, cut your starches and fats from the wellness challenge and that will be a solution for weight control.   Your best bet is to drink water, black coffee or tea as your beverage choices.  You can add lemon to your water for a little something special without lots of calories.

Matthew 6:33  “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly







No comments:

Post a Comment