Friday, January 11, 2013

Fit Bit (finding comfort in food)


Fit Bit (finding comfort in food)
Dear Kimberly,

  I am afraid I will never get this right.  I want to be a better person.  I am trying to be nice and take care of myself, but things are blowing up all around me.  Every time I get stressed I find food.  How can I stop this?  I am so far out of control; I fear I will never get this right.

Sincerely,

Finding Comfort in Food

Dear Comfort food,

     Things blowing up, all around you is part of life in this world.  Don’t expect heaven here on earth. (Quote from my friend Pastor Randy Larson) We all have good days, and crazy days.  Jesus loves us day-by-day, moment-by-moment regardless of our mess.  In order to stop your feeding frenzy during times of stress, try trusting God in all things.  Whatever the craziness, He can handle it and will in His perfect timing.  Do you believe that?  If you truly believe that in your heart of hearts then practice it.  When you witness something blowing up, simply exhale, step back, pray and trust God.  If you start thinking about comforting yourself with food, STOP, PRAY AND TRUST.  Jesus loves you and will provide for you and the situation that is blowing up.  The opposite of faith is fear.  Find comfort in your faith not food.  Try putting your favorite scripture verses on the fridge and make a deal with yourself that you will read and think about at least one verse, before you take your first bite.

Isaiah 41:10  “Fear thou not; for I am with thee;  be not dismayed; for I am thy God;  I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

You will get this right, keep on keeping on through the help of Jesus Christ.  Remember, God loves you, regardless of your behavior, you are saved by grace!

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


PS I have attached a few helpful scripture verses…The Bible is full of them!!!



1 comment:

  1. Bible verses that help;


    Philippians 3:13 “ Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended; but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before.”

    Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.”

    Roman 10:13 " For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."


    Mathew 6:33 “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.”

    Romans 6:4 “ Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death; that like Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in the newness of life.”

    Romans 12:9 “Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.”

    Galatians 4:22 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance against such there is no law.”

    1 Corinthians 9:27 “But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.”

    John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.”


    Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know that thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”




    ReplyDelete