Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fit Bit (I used to be able to do this)



Fit Bit (I used to be able to do this)
Dear Kimberly,

     I used to be able to do this.  I was dieting and exercising and I had lost a lot of weight.  Then I quit.  I have gained 90% of my weight back.  I need help.  But I just can’t seem to get going.  How do I get going again?

Sincerely,

I used to be able to do this

Dear “Used to”,

You can do it!  You already have at least once in your life. 

Philippians 4:13  “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

What skills did you have when you were on track, verses now?
List them and post them prominently.

Most likely, you took the time to plan your food choices and had good quality fresh fruits and vegetables readily available.  You also most likely were drinking lots of water (64 oz. /day is the general recommendation), and set aside time for some light exercise.  If you start concentrating on these three things alone you will find yourself getting back on track.  Concentrate on what will work, and let go of the thoughts that will get you in trouble, such as I’m to busy for this planning stuff, I will just grab some fast food…It won’t matter that much, I’ll start tomorrow. I can’t do this any way; I’m older now…it’s harder.  Recognize this type of toxic thinking and STOP IT!  Concentrate on what to do.  Let go of your mess-ups and keep pressing forward toward the mark.    Keep on keeping on, regardless of how many times you try and fail, eventually you will get it back.

Hebrew 12:1  “Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly



No comments:

Post a Comment