Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Never give up!

Ephesians 4:19 "Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more."  Giving up and giving in to sin, is what I think of when I read this.    That's what I felt like right before I quit drinking.   I had spent 29 years trying to quit.  I said to God, "I can't".   I would wake up every morning wanting to be different but, I just couldn't leave the sin.  I almost gave myself completely over to it.  I almost quit trying to quit.  Thank you Jesus! for helping me not give myself over to the sin but giving me a new hope to change.  Ephesians 4:22 " You were taught with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in attitude of your minds; 24 and put on your new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."   Proverbs 24:16" For though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity."    I did suffer with calamity before I finally quit.  Yet today I am truly restored.   I wish that meant I was " sin free" I'm not.  But what I have is a desire to keep trying to leave the old behind and press forward to the high calling of God.   I thank God, He helps me live life sober.   I praise Him that my hearts desire is to live a life worthy of his calling even as I continually fall short His Holy Spirit helps me keep putting on my try!!!   Today no matter how many times you fall, keep getting up, keep putting on your try.   You will eventually be a conqueror in Christ Jesus!!!😇🙏❤️🦅🌸 Never give up!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment