Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fit Bit ( Fatih vs. Fear)


Fit Bit (faith vs. fear)
   Ones of life’s’ most paralyzing emotions is fear.

We all have experienced fear and we will all experience its presence again.  When we battle fear with FAITH, we are conquerors through Jesus Christ.  If we let our fears turn into worry and overwhelming despair we are conquered.  This is a battle that starts in our minds and appears daily.  Fill your mind with God’s promises and you will be able to battle fear.

Many of us suffer small fears everyday.  We fear that our son or daughter is hurt when they are late, we fear we can’t go on when life gets tough, we fear the money won’t last until the next payday or that we will never be able to loose weight and get in better shape.  These are a few examples of daily fears that set off worry, panic or a give up attitude.  Some of us have daily larger fears such as the fear of death, or death of a loved one who, does not know Jesus Christ.  Large or small fear is debilitating.

The only way I know to conquer fear is by believing the promises of God.  I chose in my mind to believe His word is truth.  I meditate on His word so it enters my heart.   I choose to believe with my whole self, this is Faith.  Through Faith all my fears are dismissed.  When fear tries to roar its ugly head, I remember Jesus said, “ I will never leave you or forsake you.”  Lo, I am with you always.”

Romans 8:28  “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”

Philippians 4:13  “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.”

Faith is a daily choice, do you choose faith or do you find yourself conquered by fear?

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


***In our Healthy and Well for 2012 we are covering MIND over the next couple weeks, identifying thought patterns which can harm us and learning how to focus on His promises instead.  Please contact me if you would like to be in this study.  It will also be posted on my blog and Facebook.  kimberlyamathews@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment