Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Healthy and Well (renewing of mind2)


Healthy and Well (Renew mind 2)
Many thoughts enter our minds daily.   We decide which thoughts we will continue to think about.  We are already able to dismiss the extremely radicle thoughts.  We all have crazy thoughts…. ones we don’t share, they come in our heads…we think “Oh Lord forgive me for thinking that” and we move on.   Can you identify with this?

This week and next we are going to focus on taking control of our thinking.   Throughout the Bible it tells us to set our minds. This ability lies within us through Christ.
Philippians 4:13  “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.”

Behavioral science teaches us the process of a thought:

1st Thought     Dismiss                              Perseverate
                         
                          New thought                      2nd Thought

                                                                          3trd Thought =feeling/craving
                                                                          _____________________________________
                                                                         4th Thought =action

Think of a behavior you struggle with, it starts with a thought.  Take control through the power of Jesus.  When you initially have a toxic thought dismiss it and think on His word, His promises.

Can you recognize a toxic thought?  It is easy to recognize a crazy thought like…I hate, or I wish that person harm, but what about the ones we feel are believable such as… I can’t, I’m stupid, I’ll start tomorrow, or no one cares anyway.

Today take control of your toxic thoughts.  Please share.

When I quit drinking I had to start by dismissing the thought that one drink would be ok.  Each time I thought about the booze I had to immediately replace the thought.  Eventually I stopped thinking about my addition.  I battle all my toxic thoughts the same way..  When they enter in…I just say “wow, that is a ridiculous thought. Jesus gives me a new thought.”   This works for me in anger, food and other behavioral issues.
Romans 12:2  “And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly


                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment