Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fit Bit (snapped)


Fit Bit (snapped)
Question:  Last night I snapped.  I was doing great on my sweet free diet throughout Lent, and then last night I consumed over 800 calories of sweets in addition to my regular food.   How can I keep from snapping in the future?

ANNswer:  Practice, practice, practice and control your initial thinking.  We all snap once in a while.  It can be with sweets, forgiveness, overspending, anger; you name it we all loose control once in a while.   In order to gain control more often then not we have to be able to control our thoughts.  Your initial thought, when you decided to break your sweet fast could have been;

“ I’m not breaking my fast, I am feeling great and I’m honoring God, I’ll have a glass of water to curb this thought.”  

Instead your most likely line of thinking was;

“Yes, I can break this fast. I deserve it, I’ve been good, it’s not Lent anymore.”

  One cookie is a reasonable fast breaker, 800 calories is not.  We all do this; we blow it a little and then decide “WHAT THE HECK”.  In order to avoid snapping; keep on keeping on.  The more you think, say and do what the Holy Spirit guides you to do the easier it will become to resist the temptation to LOOSE IT. 

    Today is a new day.  Accept the forgiveness Jesus died to give you.   Fill yourself with the words of God.  Think on His promises and leave your pain behind.

James 4:7 “Therefore submit to God, Resist the devil and he will flee from you.”

Philippians 4:8  “Finally brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly




   

No comments:

Post a Comment