Monday, April 9, 2012

Healthy and Well ( Easter Week)


Healthy and Well (Easter Week)
WOW!!!    Easter week, how was it for you?  This is my favorite time of year!  I love being reminded that Jesus died for me, suffered and was crucified so I am washed clean of all my sin, all my horrible thoughts, words and deeds.  I wish I could tell you that I am a Christian and I no longer have horrible thoughts, words and deeds, but that is not the truth. I am still very flawed.  Yet instead of being overwhelmed with my guilt and shame I remember what Jesus did for me/all of us on the cross.  WOW!!!
John 13:8  ‘ Peter said to Him,  “ You shall never wash my feet!”  Jesus answered him,  “ If I do not wash you, you have no part of me.”
WOW!!!  Realize that there is life after death through Jesus.  Not only does He make our life here better by releasing us from our sins but also He provides eternal life  with Him in heaven when our work here is done.  WOW!!! 
John 14:2   “In my Father’s house are many mansions, if it were not so I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.”

Easter!!!!  What a wonderful time of year!

 How did you do in celebration of this holiday?  Many of us were in a Lent challenge, Easter Sunday we could officially go back to our old ways.   What about you are you going to continue on in the new regime or are you going back to the thing you fasted?  Personally, I gave up sweets for Lent; yesterday I ate a piece of cheesecake and tried a bit of vanilla tootsie roll.  I do not want to go back to eating the volume of sweets I did before.   I am going to try to continue on in a sweet restricted life style. 

Please share how your Lent Challenge went and what you are taking away from it. 
I have attached comments from the first part of Healthy and well.
We are in this together, so please share your comments.
Ecclesiastes 4:12  “ Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.  And a three fold cord is not quickly broken.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly



Healthy and Well (fitness quest comments)

Thank you for your encouragement Kimberly,
I feel many things are going well.  Probably biggest transformation has been eating, including lots of greens, whole grains like quinoa, millet and amarynth and adding beans.  I've begun biking and my hour rides are feeling easier.  Working towards our bike tour in July.  The scale should be showing some effort soon.  Just this morning I was encouraged to care for others.  Not sure what that will be yet.
Marilyn

Yes this has helped me to refocus and get back to what is important. It helped on so many levels to stay in a good place and to be aware that taking care or myself is a must because I can't help anyone if I can't help myself.

Nicole

These weeks have helped me remember the importance of working on being healthy and well.  I need to hear the truth again and again and Kimberly you speak truth very clearly.  I think the most important aspect of these 12 weeks for me is that I have renewed my commitment to live healthy and well.  I'm printing out your chart and posting it on the frig as a daily reminder of what is important. 
Barbara

Hi Kimberly,

It's been 12 weeks already!  
I have improved on spending time with God.  I try to take some time usually at lunchtime before I leave for work, to pray and read the Bible.  I've been doing better at getting enough sleep.  Still have a busy week now and then but usually manage at least 8 hours.  Nutrition, doing well, have worked on my portion control and planning ahead so I have the good stuff to eat already available.  Exercise, still have a long way to go, but have been trying to walk more and using the videos.  I drink lots of water.
My sister and I were talking the other day and we both have noticed that when we pay attention and do things right we feel so much better.
So far the temptations that usually derail me haven't reared their ugly heads.  I'm not so confident that I won't be tempted, but with God's grace I will be able to confront them and make the right choice.
Thanks for doing this,Kimberly, you have are a real blessing.

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment